Different types of visas used in China


Most people will need to apply for a visa when they go to a foreign country. There are different types of visas available, though each has its purpose, many foreigners are mixing them up for different kinds of reasons when they teach english in China.

A lot of foreigners, especially more and more South Africans come to teach in China. However, not all are qualified to get a work visa for teaching. So some foreigners are trying to get a non-z visa type to teach. Some schools admit it maybe because they are not licensed to hire foreign teachers or the foreigner doens’t have proper documents to apply for a work permit. They have to find a way to stay in China and continue teaching. It is risky but the great demand of ESL teachers in China can not prevent them entering on different types of visas.

Normally, working as a foreign teacher in China requires a work visa with a valid work permit, which should be issued by the Foreign Expert Bureau rather than human resources and social security. There are two types of work visas. One is for working as a teacher and the other is for working in different companies, not schools, and this type of z visa is called economics work visa. Both will get a one-year residence pemrit. Some schools are able to get an econnomics work visa for non-native English speakers, but they can not get the one with a work permit used to teach. Anyway, this is also a good solution to those who can not get the normal work visa. For a legal work visa, one has to prepare a lot of documents including the authenticated documents from a Chinese Embassy. The whole work visa process could take one to three months to finish. Some native English speakers prefer to use a ten-year multi-entries business visa or tourist visa when it is not convenient for them to collect those documents. Most foreigners can escape the legal penalties because they had the experience or the schools know how to avoid this and make sure of foreign teachers’ safety and their own’s. Recently, a lot of South Africans without bachelor’s degrees come to teach in China and quite a few of them are no older than 22 years old, which makes z work visa impossible, so they choose to accept agents’ or schools’ suggestion which is applying for a student visa. As far as I know, it’s becoming more and more difficult to get a business visa for South Africans, even though they can get one, it is valid for either one month or two months, they will have to go to HongKong to extend their visa very often, which costs a lot and takes time. Therefore, a student visa is the best way. They can stay in China for 180 days at one time, but student fee is expensive, ranging between 10000rmb and 18000rmb per year. Any foreigner can apply for this visa as long as they can afford it. There are also some foreigners who marry Chinese girls and get a family visa. So they have different ways of trying to stay in China.

In this case, we contacted some visa agents and found a reliable one and built cooperation with them. We already did some successful cases. We hope the foreigners who found jobs through us will not have any troubles with visa things. They need instructions on getting a visa. It will be much easier if we can assist. Our visa agent can get student visa for foreigners from most countries in the world, and the fee is 7000rmb for 180 days at one time, then another 7000rmb for the rest 180 days, since schools usually sign for one year contract. For a student visa, one only needs to provide a passport copy and maybe round-trip flight information(fake booking) and bank statement if necessary. Our visa agent is able to arrange business visa for Russians and Ukrainians as well. The visa fee is 4500rmb for 180 days, and 5500rmb for a year. If one has trouble in getting a visa, he or she could contact us.

In conclusion, those who are not qualified to teach in China should accept other types of visas or get all the proper documents to apply for a work visa, otherwise it’s impossible to pursue your dreams. No one wants to break the law, and no one wants to give up the opportunity of teaching in China that has been desired for for a long time.